Omar is a Senior Power Engineer with a focus on transmission planning and project engineering for ZGlobal. Omar conducts highly complex engineering studies of the transmission systems within WECC, Western Interconnection, SPP, and ERCOT. Furthermore, Omar is involved in various project development efforts which include project origination and sizing, feasibility analysis, leading interconnection processes with the Utility, electric design/layout, equipment selection, permitting, and project integration to the grid.
Omar has assisted in over 1,730 MW of generation development with a focus on processes and procedures to interconnect to the grid. Omar has prepared several power flow and stability data models to meet CAISO and other California utility study requirements. He has performed steady-state analysis, short circuit analysis, PV/QV analysis, Preliminary transmission cost estimates, Operational impact analysis, transfer limit analysis, switching clearance analysis, Development of Restoration Plans, Short circuit, relay & protection analysis, and a variety of sensitivity analysis such as changes in generation, load, SVCs for various years and seasons.
In addition, he has performed deliverability and curtailment assessments to determine the impact of new generation and transmission projects on the grid. Omar also performed OATT studies (i.e., System Impact Studies, Facility Studies), Capital project evaluation and power flow sensitivities, and Compliance with NERC reliability Criteria.
Omar holds a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Cal-Poly Pomona and a Master of Science from Sacramento State University.
- IID-CFE proposed Transmission tie-lines analysis.
- West of Devers 500 KV upgrades.
- WAPA – the San Luis Transmission Project – a new 85-mile, 230-kilovolt electric transmission line.
- Lucky Corridor and Mora Line Lucky Corridor’s Mora Line project is designed to carry 180 MW at 115 kV, 110 miles. The Lucky Corridor project is designed to carry 850MW at 345 kV, 62 miles. The Projects will carry electricity made from first-rate U.S. clean energy resources toward Four Corners and the historic grid emanating from that Hub.
- Perform engineering design, fatal flaws, and feasibility analysis for over 83 generating projects across the US.