Real-Time Energy Schedulers work closely with developers, load-serving entities, and power and gas marketers to bid or schedule generation resources and customer load into the CAISO and bilateral markets in both day-ahead and real-time markets. Real-Time Energy Schedulers also prepare and run dispatch models, and provide operational data for various reports and end-of-day summaries for the operations center. Real-Time Energy Schedulers also provide general business and technical expertise in support of the administration, reporting, and scheduling of wholesale power transactions; relaying pertinent information from the scheduling environment to the market analytics group to stay current with gas/power scheduling practices.
Real-Time Energy Schedulers’ duties include:
- Providing real-time desk services 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
- Scheduling or bidding load, generation resources, imports/exports into the ISO and bilateral markets.
- Submitting Inter-Scheduling Coordinator Trades (ISTs) and checkout with counterparties.
- Updating and ensuring that etags are approved by all operators and counterparties.
- Managing transmission and generation outages.
- Implementing bidding strategies based on clients’ approved policies.
- Buying or selling energy intra-day.
- Acquiring OATT transmission across the WECC on behalf of clients.
- Ensuring that generators are adhering to five-minute Dispatch Operating Targets (DOTs).
- Monitoring state-of-charge levels and operating levels for energy storage resources.
- Implementing operating procedures during emergency situations.